How to win the year: 2019
I’m not a fan of New Years Resolutions. I will tell you why….
We set ourselves up with all of the things we want to do. Lose weight, be healthy, travel, make more $$$….. Goals – Goals – and more Goals… Without a roadmap, articulating these goals and then waiting for them to happen when we haven’t even worked out the how! This can lead to greater frustration and unhappiness, which does not usually lead to positive change.
Instead, I suggest taking your energy that would go into resolutions and using it to ask yourself some deep questions. Why do you want these things? Understanding your own motivation is essential to grasping the level of dedication you have and can also reveal some deeper yearnings. Then, get into the specifics of your goals. Don’t just say you want to be healthier. What aspects of your health do you want to improve? How will you achieve that? The more detailed you are, the more focused you are!
How do you feel about your goals to begin with? Are you excited about them? Or do you dread them before you have even begun. What are the daily steps you are going to implement, to get you to where you want to go. Think of it as your very own GPS!
While you’re at it, think about the depth of intentionality you are bringing to your goals. How intentional are you? Do you believe you can do it? If you are joking about your goals to begin with, then you aren’t setting yourself up for success are you? When you believe that you are enough – and that you are deserving, you will succeed!!
Finally, if you are feeling the need to make a change, don’t wait a single day that comes once a year to make it happen. Why wait? Why wait until January 1 to start your new lifestyle? Once you have made up your mind about what you want to do, why not take action and start today!
Live your New Year each and every day.
The new year provides a moment where past, present and future all live in the now. In reality, this occurs in every moment. But, the new year is a tool that can help us recognize that all time meets here. Right here. Right now.
Each and every day we can celebrate all of our wins and struggles, and we can create a vision for what we want our days to look like. For this is what it means to be present and in the moment. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed, stressed or sidetracked, losing track of what’s taking place in the here and now.
Here are some ways to help redirect your attention to enjoy and celebrate the NOW:
- Forgive yourself and forgive others. Holding a grudge creates heaviness, causing you to think about the past, or about everything that’s not going right. However, you can change this by being in your own driver’s seat and focusing your attention towards what brings you joy!
- Celebrate yourself and celebrate others. Soak in those compliments. Say “Thank you.” Receive, receive, receive… Compliment others for what you see and like in them.
- Release your guilt and follow your joy. Guilt is the past; joy is the present.
- Fear less and love more. Fear is past and being fearful of what’s to come. Love is being present and in the moment.
- Be here now. Again – now is right now. Like right now, in the moment. In each and every moment, you have a chance to have a redo! You can stay and hold on to the moment, but again, that’s not being present, now is it?
To all of you that have shared a moment (or many) with me this year, I thank you for this gift. I am truly grateful for each and every one of you. Here’s to creating more magical moments in 2019 together.
Happy new year today and every day!!!
With love and light,
Leave a Comment